Sunday 12 April 2009

Project Get Shit Together (TM) begins today

It's been a long time coming. And I think it's finally here. I've left much too much upto whimsy so far - today onwards my life gets a shot of purpose in the arm. I'm told this won't hurt at all by the mater but then she also told me castor oil 'doesn't taste so bad', so I'm not dwelling too much on her opinion here.

That said, I think I know myself well enough to know I embrace change best when I don't know it's happened. So baby steps. I thought I'd set a few ballpark rules to give the project some form, though.

They are:

- Don't say 'yes' if you mean 'let's see'. Most of my unfinished business started that way.
- Go one way or the other. Make a choice. Stick with it.
- Get 8 hours of sleep, no compromise.
- Do it right then. Not after one (or ten) episodes of F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
- MTV Roadies is where useful minutes of life go to be buggered and die.

Yerp. That about does it. I will add to the list along the way.

This blog is where I'll be charting my daily progress.

"All the best, Gyurkovics"? "Sure you'll smash it, Gyurkovics"?

No?

Okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the best! :)