Saturday 4 April 2009

Ho Hum

My life could best be described as organised chaos right now. I've obviously bitten off more than I can chew, juggling three very different um, balls? Forgive me, I'm very prone to mixing my analogies.

From spending every waking hour near-comatose in front of the TV/ Comp, I find I can barely manage to sit down anymore. There's always somewhere to head. something to do. My couch-potato self of a few weeks ago would be mortified - this would be her worst nightmare. I'm feeling pretty good though.

I've spent the better part of the last two weeks on trains, trying desperately to understand how on earth Grammar got so mathematical while corpulent women try to shove their sweaty boobs/ abdomens/ kids in my book and face. I've made two eunuch acquaintances - we smile our acknowledgement everytime we see one another.

On the personal front, I'm finding myself surprised. There's a big 'what, really?' and some little ones hanging over me head. I don't know, the plan for now is just to wait and see. Also, this cool 'Single in the City' thing I imagined I'd do is going decidedly left of centre. I do not, for the life of me, know how to react when I hear a line. I start sweating profusely, fumbling and desperately searching for something to do with my hands (Awful, awful time to quit smoking!). I'm sure I look quite attractive doing that too. Yeesh. Like the succinct Parge says "Dude you're a dick."

The hair is doing better as far as staying on my head and not the shower drain goes. Expect it to behave itself, and I'm expecting too much. And it's been attracting odd attention.

Today in the train, the woman to my right nudges me and points to her right. That woman points to her right. The third woman looks at me sheepishly and says "Madam, is your hair real?"
I just smiled, it felt too strange to venture an actual answer.
I wonder if her Mister will hear of the girl in the train with the ridiculous curly-haired wig.

5 comments:

GIRIJA said...

Haahahaahahhahhahahhahah!
Is that a wig! hahahahah!
I actually wanted to ask you that myself the first time i met you; 8 years ago that too. The hair hasnt changed one bit i see!

C said...

I wanted to ask you if you were for real.

Gja to me the first time we see each other: MOVE!
Me: *IS THIS CHICK FOR REAL?*

See?

h3lios said...

Odd attention?

i lol.

Openly and freely.

Rawr.

Raddy said...

Ah, so I'm not the only one that happens to, then.
Why can't the curls be real, I ask?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.