Wednesday 8 October 2008

It's been a bloody easy day's night

It's been a semi-fruitlful day mostly. This work-from-home business is easier than it sounds. Too easy actually. And when you have someone like me, who's prone to procrastination, like a freebie whore is prone to freebies, it's a task getting anything constructive done.
I have got to, got to, GOT TO start managing my time better. I'm begun taking baby steps. I've cut down on the mind-numbing hours I usually spend sprawled in front of the TV. I've convinced myself finally that I do not absolutely have to know if I remember every FRIENDS dialogue verbatim or whether Imraan Khan likes his mojitos virgin or potent. It's not that this stuff excites me. Okay maybe it does. But the main reason is that I'm trying to avoid something big. I know I must eventually do it and that I'll end up a miserable old woman if I don't. But right now, i'm just not able to gather the confidence to sit down and just do it. I'm afraid I'll find that I'm not very good at it and I don't think I could take it. I've pinned a lot of hope on this one.
And yes, I know that technically this counts as an excuse and it is. But it's very true too, go figure.
In better news, I cooked today, if you could call an underdone-on-one-side-and-overdone-on-the-other omelette cooking. I made tea too.
And in even better news, I didn't snack in between meals and actually got some official work done. So huzzah for the miniscule victories!
Now for the best news: Things are better with the fellow. We talked about stuff, figured we've got issues. And given how neither of us is big on the emotional sharing, a talk was good progress. We did a very nice dinner at the GoodEarth Cafe the other day. We laughed, talked and made inappropriate jokes - just like the normal happy times. I usually tend to avoid using phrases that would encourage what we used to refer to as 'non veg jokes', back when my mind wasn't a gutter, but. It warmed the cockles of my heart.

A Perfect Date

No comments: