Monday 4 May 2009

DoubleYouBee Oodles

So the exam weight is making its presence felt. Everything I managed to get off during the last one month spent travelling to the end of the world in the oppressive heat is ba-hack.

I tried to do the Suryanamaskar today. Alone. In my room. I think the walls laughed at me. Even Luke had to look away, embarrassed. (This is not an exaggeration, btw. He lives in a permanent state of embarassment on our behalf.) I look incredibly foolish doing anything yoga-related.

As for walks, my current earphones make the music sound like it's being carefully filtered through a succession of empty clanging tins. Curses. Will buy a new set at some point.

The one thing that immediately took care of the excess oodles the last time I did it, was dancing. Belly dancing. Yes, I belly danced. And was actually pretty good at it too. Twelve classes and I'd lost 3 inches off the waist and inches off everywhere else. Then I came home and the Mater asked me to give her a demo. I, ofcourse, refused. Then quite expectedly, she emotionally blackmailed me. So I um danced, without music and her looking over her glasses. When I got done she was actually quite nice about it. Told me I was rather more flexible than she'd imagined and would I please never do *that* in front of another human being again? Thankyou.

Now there's the gym option (I'd rather die at this point). So I'm guessing the deafening, soul- rupturing walk it's going to be.

Oh, I'm sorry, there's no point to this post if that's what you're looking for. My bad, I should have mentioned that at the start.




Listen to Polaroid Solution by Faded Paper Figures. Any song that stays relevant for two days on loop is alright by me.

No comments: