Saturday 13 September 2008

It's been a year and a week since my last post.
I think it's safe to say I'm not committed to putting down my thoughts nearly as often as I'd like. It's also safe to say that so far 2008 has been the year of procrastination for me.
I received an offer to write a novel at the end of January 2007 from a very fine publisher. The nice lady mailed me over and over again asking about my writing progress. Lots of encouraging words and sincere promises were exchanged by her and me respectively. Since May this year, she's stopped mailing. A slew of books by other writers and bloggers I assume she approached at around the same time she did me just came out. Complete books with fancily illustrated covers with spiffily written press releases to boot. That smarted, I can't lie.
It's also been a year of loss.
Of the invincibility of teenage years.
Of ambition.
Of faith. In others and of theirs in me.
Of hair. No really. I have a 'patch' now.
It's probably not obvious at all but it's also been the year of some serious self pitying.
How very December 31st of me. Well I can't wait that long to call it a year.

No comments: